Smokey's first smoke...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoky mcbutts

Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Well today I decided to truely break in the new gosm. Rubbed 2 chickens with a mix of fam Daves and Emerils chkn rub. Set them in fridge for 3 1/2 hrs then took out to set on counter for an hour. Fired up the smoker and got it bout 250 (according to door therm) and put the chickens in breast down. Bit of temp fluctuations but kept between 225 and 275 for 2 hours. I then flipped em over and turned up the heat a bit. Found out the knob is very touchy in the medium area. cooked for another hour- hour an half at 250 - 350. I know i made all kinda rookie mistakes but i wanted to get the playing with it outta the way. Things I learned were that pecan seems to burn up fast. I need a digi therm or somethin better, the door therm and the Taylor were way off by almost 50 - 100 degrees at times on cooker temp. Refill the water pan, the temps got higher as it ran out and holy crap can two chickens make a crazy greasy mess in the ol smoker. Anyway I got some edible birds outta it and the taste test on the wings were delish will c about the rest tomarow. I appologize for the gramatical errors in my posts but i am not huge on typing.

64af1be8_GEDC1509.jpg

eb85af41_GEDC1511.jpg
14c78fa9_GEDC1514.jpg

To Smokey,

Great job!, you will love being around here!

To all

Obviously, the hook is set and we've got him!  Heh heh heh!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky