Smokers in Ottawa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mstphrchrstphr

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Hey,

Just joined the forum and hoping to see some more people from around the Ottawa area.  I've seen a couple posts from people, but the accounts seem to be dead now.

If you're from Ottawa, say hello and let me know your favourite places to grab meat, supplies, or equipment!

I've been doing a bit of searching in the area for a great place to pick up some brisket, and the front runner seems to be Lavergne's.  Has anyone bought from there?

Looking forward to talking with some Ottawa smokers.

Reactions: scobs
Hey,

Just joined the forum and hoping to see some more people from around the Ottawa area. I've seen a couple posts from people, but the accounts seem to be dead now.

If you're from Ottawa, say hello and let me know your favourite places to grab meat, supplies, or equipment!

I've been doing a bit of searching in the area for a great place to pick up some brisket, and the front runner seems to be Lavergne's. Has anyone bought from there?

Looking forward to talking with some Ottawa smokers.

Hey there. I'm from the municipality of Clarence-Rockland.

My go to meat shop is also Lavergne for anything that will put on the smoker. I buy most of the beef cuts from Costco though. I have a Webber Smokey Mountain smoker, a Napoleon charcoal grill and a Napoleon gas grill. My preference is charcoal over gas.

Hey!

Thanks for posting. I've used Lavergne's a bunch now and love it, got a full pork belly from there and it lasted so long! Also did some orders from Premium Meats and the quality has been great.

Haven't tried the smokey mountain or any gas grills yet. Bought a COS to start then upgraded to a custom off-set last fall

I'm from west of Almonte, I work in the west end of Ottawa.
I have a normal sized UDS, a mini UDS, and am just putting the finishing touches on an offset I built. Can't wait to fire it up with some food on it (I've done a burn-out/practice burn, but no food yet).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky