• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker virgin from Nebraska

bmb81664

Joined Nov 7, 2010
Hi.  My name is Byron.  I have never smoked meats before.  I don't even own a smoker yet.  I signed up for the e-course.  I am leaning strongly to buying the Brinkmann Electric Gourmet smoker.  Looks like it is easy to use and maybe I can modify it later.  Also need a meat thermometer it sounds like.  Saw a post in the forums for a Maverick ET-901 for $20 and free shipping.  At this point I don't know if I need a digital or an old fashioned one.  With the digitals do you stick the probe in the meat and run the wire to the outside of the the smoker and leave it like that?

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Welcome to smf!!!

If you can swing the finances ,get the new MES 40" instead. Yes w/ a digital thermo you run the wire thru the exhaust vent, probe into the meat  and leave the digital unit on top of the smoker.

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Welcome to the family and the addiction (nothing but a bunch of enablers around here ;-)

bamaboy

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 26, 2010
HE HE HeE----FRESH MEAT...LOL Just kidding,welcome Friend,patience is the name of the game.If you dont know ask some of these guys...they are awesome

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you here.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.