Smoker Paint: Tired of Black: What's Good Paint?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well see the theory is that if I paint mine camo and wear my camos and they are looking for me, they won't see me when I'm at my smoker. That is also why I'm lookin for a camo lawn chair. Just a thot.
--ray--
(0||||0)

Nice theory but there is a flaw in your plan. Unless you can figure a way to mask the smell of your que you won't have much of a chance of hiding. They'll flock right toward that wonderful smell.
biggrin.gif

I painted my UDS with plain old red Rustoleum. It has held up to a 400 degree test run and 5 smokes.

So far so good.
biggrin.gif

I know this is a very old thread, but iit came up while I was searching.

Has anyone tried to just use high temp clear coat on their smoker? I would like to sand down a 250 gallon propane tank then spraying it clear to show old color and the rust spots. Has anyone seen this work on a smoker? I have seen it on old cars, but not on smokers.

Has anyone painted a stainless steel bbq? What would be good primer to use, can I use the high heat engine or eghust paint and primer?

Has anyone painted a stainless steel bbq? What would be good primer to use, can I use the high heat engine or eghust paint and primer?
Not to sound rude but you know why deloreans only where available in one color right

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky