Smoker NEWB doing first Smoke today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg clauson

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Just being that i ALWAYS feel i have to start a thread announcing my newb-ness, i have done that again.  I got a Cabelas MasterCraft 7-1 Smoker for Christmas and after seasoning it last night, I am about to do my first smoke today!  I am stoked to start smoking!  I am doing 2 racks of Baby Backs, I have read a million articles and hope my temps cooperate, but i have my rub on (3 hours prior and after removing membrane) and am going to try and keep temp between 200-250 for about 4 hours, is that right?  Got my apple juice/honey/rub MOP in the sprayer for my every hour sprits.  Any last minute tips?  I plan on starting in a couple hours.  

Hello  Greg.  Welcome.  I see this is your first post.  Please take some time and swing over to Roll Call and introduce yourself so that we may give you a proper "Hello".  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Sorry to be late to the party.  Sounds a good solid plan.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

welcome1.gif
It sounds like you have a plan. I hope it all went well. I have tried mopes and spritzes on my ribs and I have become a fan of not using either. I like the nice bark I get from just letting the ribbed rips sit in the smoker for 4 hours with the lid on. I highly suggest trying you ribs a few different ways to see what you like best. The best advice I got was on your second smoke put on three racks of ribs and pull them off about a half hour apart from each other. That will help you determine how done you like your ribs.

Also 
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky