Smoker forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
So, I'm new here and was wondering if there is a place where us new people, or even not so new people, can ask or find information about specific smokers.

I bought a cheap smoker to get started, a smoke vault 18, and will be upgrading in the future and would like to see what others have purchased and what they think about tbem. i'm currently looking at a Horizon smoker as they will do customizations so the smoker can be built onto my outdoor kitchen plan, modified for the smoker.

It would be nice to know what the better options are for smoker builders closer to where I live to help reduce the cost of shipping.

If this was a specific forum the information would be much easier to find.

Does this exist somewhere?

Welcome from MN. Ask anything almost anywhere. The moderators will move if they need to but usually, you'll have your answer before they get to that. This place is awesome and full of knowledge.

Welcome from Orlando FL. Looks like you've already been pointed in the right direction for finding more info about your smoker. Look forward to seeing the results!

Good luck with your search. Would suggest you make a priority list of must have features and bounce them against any potential piece of equipment. The key is to understand the breadth of available features and what they provide to the user. Too many times (and rightfully so for many) the finances end up dictating the choice only for the buyer to discover down the road that they aren't being satisfied thus having to re-buy at some point. This can end up costing more in the long run vs purchasing based upon the priorities previously established. If at all possible it's better to buy-once-cry-once than go down the upgrade trail. Easier said than done, unfortunately....

Good luck with your search. Would suggest you make a priority list of must have features and bounce them against any potential piece of equipment. The key is to understand the breadth of available features and what they provide to the user. Too many times (and rightfully so for many) the finances end up dictating the choice only for the buyer to discover down the road that they aren't being satisfied thus having to re-buy at some point. This can end up costing more in the long run vs purchasing based upon the priorities previously established. If at all possible it's better to buy-once-cry-once than go down the upgrade trail. Easier said than done, unfortunately....
Thank you for your advise. I'm kinda on the upgrade path, I bought he smoker I have now, a smoke vault 18, so.I could.start.using it, see.if I liked the process, before I bought the one I want. It is able to lessen the pressure of wanting to buy a better one sooner. it also allows me to complain about lack of features enough that when I do buy, the need was already a conversation.

Some good advice here. All I can add is welcome from Iowa!

Ryan

Welcome from down south in Portland!

We often sail up to Seattle from Olympia and catch a Mariner‘s game. Great beer and food in Seattle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky