Smoker exhaust

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hangingmeat

Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Almost finished with my smoker. I am debating whether to put an exhaust pipe out the side of the smoker or just put in a vent for the exhaust. Trying to find out what people have had the most success with.
20230115_153620.jpg

I'm no pro but I would put a exhaust pipe up through the roof I think you'll get better draft

This smokehouse that Cowgirl built has a simple stack and rain guard, plus lots of other cool features. On the blog, it's featured in several articles.

Reactions: cowgirl
I would add a stack or vent either out the back wall up high near the center of the roof, or just thru the roof near the ridge. Either will help minimize the amount of smoke from just sitting up there with no place to go.

I vented mine as intake at the bottom of the front wall and exhaust vent top of the back wall. Works very well with a propane burner for heat. I’ve read not to pipe exhaust through the roof because moisture can condensate and drip black creosote down on the meats. If you use a pipe exhaust go out the wall or gable horizontal and elbow up then rain cap it.

Reactions: tmag and JLeonard
Like mentioned by others. Just to help with future water problems on your nice metal roof ( and ease of doing )
Vent it out the back gable end at the highest point you can. Not sure of your back roof over hang. just go out the gable and than elbow up past the height of the roof and add a rain cap also.

Hope this made sense

David

I would add a stack or vent either out the back wall up high near the center of the roof, or just thru the roof near the ridge. Either will help prevent smoke from just sitting up there.
I might go with the stack out the back. Now I have to learn what parts I need for the stack! It's all new to me!
I vented mine as intake at the bottom of the front wall and exhaust vent top of the back wall. Works very well with a propane burner for heat. I’ve read not to pipe exhaust through the roof because moisture can condensate and drip black creosote down on the meats. If you use a pipe exhaust go out the wall or gable horizontal and elbow up then rain cap it.
Tha
Like mentioned by others. Just to help with future water problems on your nice metal roof ( and ease of doing )
Vent it out the back gable end at the highest point you can. Not sure of your back roof over hang. just go out the gable and than elbow up past the height of the roof and add a rain cap also.

Hope this made sense

David thank you, that's exactly what I will do! Thanks!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky