SMOKER CLEANING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smoked whitefish is great stuff.  Too many bones though for me, I like salmon and Northern Pike.  EXCELLENT.  (Been over to Algoma lots of times).

some companies say wash inside with a mild soap but i agree with everyone else,you clean it to much youll have to re-season it......like a couple said,i put a foil lining on the bottom and foil line the water pan as well.....then when the meats done i wipe the inside down with a regular dry towel.......its easier to get it off the inside walls while at a descent temp still before it completely dries.

I just tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the window of mes and it brought it back to new! I just wiped it after my last smoke and it came totally clean. I just used water.

Clean it?   Nah...it took me since Christmas to get the thing looking and smelling right.  Sometime when there is no leftovers in the house I just go out and sniff the thing to make me feel better.
Me too.
biggrin.gif

I have two "dishwashers" at my place and NO they are not both human.  One I have had LONG before automatic dishwashers were ever invented, the other one is a KitchenAid sold a while back.

Since the smoker racks won't fit into the KitchenAid, that leaves the "human" dishwasher.  She is willing but I think laying that task on her would be a bit unfair.  She does however enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Guess I'll stick to the cutoff barrel idea, cleaning them by hand and move on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky