smoker builder; new to cooking.go figure.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gatewood iron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Morganfield,Ky
Hello, my name is Keith and I build smokers for other people on a regular basis here in Morganfield,Ky,but I'm just recently wanting to get into the cooking part of it myself.I finally made a smoker for myself and have aquired lots of hickory wood and an old recipe'. so what's next?
22853ebb_moregrillpics006.jpg

Nice looking rig Keith! Although I have to admit that it is a mystery how you can build one without having cooked on one. Looking forward to your future posts.
smile.gif

Hello Keith and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - nice looking smokers 

Hey Keith. First off Welcome. Pretty impressive smoker buddy. Can tell ya know metal. Kinda curious.... How'd ya get into building smokers?

I would love and appriciate any info you would pass on to me, thanks. I'm a little ways away from getting into my build. This springs project will be

putting a swingset up for the kids. And rite now my spare time project is a tool box. I'm trying to make it to look like an AirCraft Carrier. I been picking

away at it for a few months now when I have down time. I should be finished within the month. I just picked up a side job to make a copper hood also. So I'm probably

looking at a good 4-6 months away from getting into building a smoker.

Anyway welcome, I know you'll enjoy this site. I'm sure your gonna love smoking!

Good luck  

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Keith. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info. Smoking  5-Day e-Course  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky