SMOKER BUILD W/ PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

auerjr

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 31, 2019
WI
Hello everyone, I’m a long-time looker first time poster. Started making venison sausage a few years ago and I quickly learned that my Masterbuilt wasn’t big enough. After many hours on this site reading every smoker build. I decided to start my build, a large metal electric smoker. Only problem was I didn’t know how to weld or own a welder. A trip to harbor freight got all the metal working supplies I needed, and many youtube videos of “how to weld” I built my smoker.

Smoker details - Dimensions – 4’ Tall x 3’ Wide x 2’ Deep / amnps with pellets / 110v heating element powered by Auber PID.

First test run was 75lbs of venison summer sausage

After the first run I will be making a few changes, the biggest being that the smoker needs to be insulated. Living in Northern WI the 110v heating element needs a little help.

IMG_6362.jpg
IMG_6376.jpg
IMG_6392.jpg
IMG_6397.jpg
IMG_6398.jpg
IMG_6408.jpg
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6419.jpg
IMG_6420.jpg
IMG_6437.jpg
IMG_6455.jpg

Thanks for looking

I am a fabricator. Looks great from my view....nice job. I too had a MES smoker and built a smokehouse so I could smoke larger batches of sausages. Welcome to the craft....

Very nice build!! How many watts is the element? Looks like an Auber controller. What type of temps can you run?
You can never have enough sausage and smoked meats!!

RG

Very nice build!! How many watts is the element? Looks like an Auber controller. What type of temps can you run?
You can never have enough sausage and smoked meats!!

RG
heating element is 1500 watt, I was able to get to about 130deg. So, I ended up wrapping the whole smoker in insulation then I had no problem getting to 180.

I like your honesty. I love the build and I think you did a great job. Question though, why not insulate the door? Otherwise, nice build.

Out of curiosity, approximately how much do you think you spent in materials?
This peeked my interest in building a smoker this winter.
You did a great job.

Dan.

Nice work!! Those Summer sausages are hard to beat. We made a batch with venison years ago just from the kit at bass pro shop and it was off the chain. Wish we still had the surplus of deer meat that we used to have back then. Couldn’t even find stuff to do with all the meat we had.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky