SmokePistol??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Deltadude,

Thank you for the reply.  I noticed another post on this forum where the cheese melted.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/96009/newsflash-cheese-melts   My friend let it go a little longer and the cheese melted into the chips of that amns thing.  He was furious.

I usually don't like sitting around gossiping especially if I have to type but I do read lots of forum news just to see what is going on.  If you take a look at the smokepistol smoked cheese http://www.smokepistol.com/customertucker.html  you'll see a golden color and no melting.  This appears to be fresh cheese which will even melt easier.  It just makes sense to have the heat OUTSIDE the smoke chamber like the smokepistol as opposed to inside where it has to heat things up.

Also, like Bearcarver said, if you can't work the electronic window control on the Corvette maybe you should drive an old  Packard and like wise if you can't work the electronic smoke control on the smokepistol you should probably limit your smoking to cigarettes.  The truth is that I have had great results with the smokepistol and the smoke is controllable.  So when I smoke brisket or a large I will turn the smoke up high at the beginning for a couple of hours.  Then I will turn it down to low for several more hours and I don't have to open my smoker at all.  Sometimes you want heavy smoke and sometimes you don't like the cheese shown above.  I don't care to change anybody's mind.  I just thought when somebody asks a question about a product they should get a straight answer from somebody that has used it and that's all I have to say about that!

Thanks.

Also, like Bearcarver said, if you can't work the electronic window control on the Corvette maybe you should drive an old  Packard and like wise if you can't work the electronic smoke control on the smokepistol you should probably limit your smoking to cigarettes.  The truth is that I have had great results with the smokepistol and the smoke is controllable.  So when I smoke brisket or a large I will turn the smoke up high at the beginning for a couple of hours.  Then I will turn it down to low for several more hours and I don't have to open my smoker at all.  Sometimes you want heavy smoke and sometimes you don't like the cheese shown above.  I don't care to change anybody's mind.  I just thought when somebody asks a question about a product they should get a straight answer from somebody that has used it and that's all I have to say about that!

Thanks.
Me thinks you misunderstood what Bearcarver said. 

I was referring to your friend throwing the AMNS away, because he couldn't figure out how to use it, like the guy getting rid of a Corvette (AMNS) because the windows worked properly, and the girls followed him around because they liked his Corvette more than his Packard (Smoke Pistol). I thought that was easy to follow along with.

If that Smoke Pistol works as you say, they should make a new Demo' that doesn't show terrible creosote producing thick white smoke.

Maybe you could show us a nice long video of a Smoke Pistol producing nice light "TBS" for a sustained amount of time, like hundreds of us can do with the A-MAZE-N-SMOKER.

I can assure you, If there really was something out there that can put out the same kind of smoke as the AMNS, and be mounted on the outside, I would be very interested. But it would have to be proven to me before I buy it, because I have already made the mistake of buying a Smoke Daddy, expecting that same thing.

Bear

I have used a smokepistol for a few years now and it is great.  The smoke is adjustable so I don't know why everyone is concerned about too much smoke.  A friend of mine tried that A-MAZE_N  smoker thing on cheese and it all melted.  He threw it away when he saw and tasted the results I showed him with my smokepistol.  There is also a competition cheese smoker guy on the true stories section of the smokepistol web site that does is similar to how I do except he makes his cheese from scratch. http://www.smokepistol.com/customertucker.html   He is much more energetic than I am.

If you just turn down the smoke control on the smokepistol you will get great smoke and it will last for about 6 hours on one cartridge.  It has worked great for me and I have done lots of hot and cold smoking with it.
BBQFarmer,

First off, CONGRATS on your success with the Smoke Pistol!  The Smoke Pistol and Smoke Daddy both work basically the same, but the Smoke Pistol uses their proprietary cartridges for fuel.  Both can be a little finicky, and if you don't "Tap" the sides of the units(Per Instructions), they won't burn properly. They both use air pumps to add oxygen to the fire. The AMNS uses sawdust for fuel, and creates a Thin Blue Smoke for 8+ hours we all strive for.

My guess is your buddy smoked the cheese too long and at temps that are not acceptable for smoking cheese.  If he ate the cheese without aging it for a couple weeks, it will have a harsh taste to it.  This mellows in a few weeks.  This is not the fault of the AMNS, and a Smoke Daddy or Smoke Pistol will do the same thing if used too long or at too high of temps.

I answer my phone, PM's and emails every day.  If your buddy had an issue with the AMNS, I never received a call, PM or email. from him. In fact, if he posted his issue on SMF, these guys would have graciously helped him with his issue.

Like any other BBQ Utensil or Tool on the market, there's also a "Learning Curve" to the AMNS.  Some people catch on immediately, and some take a few attempts at it.  I can assure you that once you get the hang of it, the AMNS is a very handy addition to just about any smoker.

if your buddy really can't get along with his A-MAZE-N-SMOKER, tell him to dig it out of the garbage and give me a call @ (952)412-0484.  If he wants a refund, I'll gladly send him a check after he sends the unit back!

Todd Johnson

A-MAZE-N Products

Last edited:
if your buddy really can't get along with his A-MAZE-N-SMOKER, tell him to dig it out of the garbage and give me a call @ (952)412-0484.  If he wants a refund, I'll gladly send him a check after he sends the unit back!

Todd Johnson

A-MAZE-N Products
ya ain't gonna git that from nobody nowhere.......................

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky