• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smokehouse jerky ideas?

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2015
I have expanded metal racks in my smokehouse and I was looking to make jerky in it without a lot of additional work. I can lay the meat on the shelves but think they will stick a lot. I was hoping to hang them, but tooth picks and dropping it though wont work. I am not seeing any small hooks I can use and am looking for ideas.

It's late rifle season this weekend and the daughter and I are probably dropping one each and I got too much ground venison already need to jerk a lot of it.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
You can try those LONG bamboo skewers.... Or,.... the way we smoke smelt....
Needle and thread... Strong thread and string a dozen or so... or use a meat needle and butchers twine.....
You'll figure something out....
I've seen some of the stuff you come up with... "that's a compliment"....

willy appleseed

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 30, 2016
I have expanded metal racks in my smokehouse and I was looking to make jerky in it without a lot of additional work. I can lay the meat on the shelves but think they will stick a lot. I was hoping to hang them, but tooth picks and dropping it though wont work. I am not seeing any small hooks I can use and am looking for ideas.

It's late rifle season this weekend and the daughter and I are probably dropping one each and I got too much ground venison already need to jerk a lot of it.
try making hooks out of paperclips it worked for me

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Q matz are awesome for jerky.

Tried to find link to Amazen Products, says not available. Anyone have idea ? Haven't ordered for quite some time.

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
Here's a 2 pack of the MES 40" ones. U can probably pick up if you have a cabelas or basspro near u:

I've used with ground jerky and all kinds of stuff. They work well and can wash in the dishwasher :)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.