SmokeFire First Cook - Frozen Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BXMurphy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2022
Methuen, Massachusetts
Yesterday's first cook on my new WSF - Frozen Pizza... because that's all I felt like doing on that spotty-showers day after breaking it in. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The thing holds temperature like you read about. Faint smoke flavor even using mesquite. Maybe I should give up cigars?

Today, we're roasting some potatoes and kabobs. Best potato I've ever had and the kabobs (chicken and beef) are out of this world!

These went in at 400° F for 30-40 minutes. They won't pick up too much smoke but you can definitely taste a difference over just oven-roasting. I'm glad I bought the bigger EX6, that's for sure!

20220320_190554(1)_remastered.jpg

Murph

Looks like a great meal .

They make great veg . I use this Weber SS grill pan . Works great .
I always start at 225 / 250 on mine . Then start bumping the temp 50 degrees at a time until I get to target . Always great results .

1647822829939.jpeg

Looks like a great meal .

They make great veg . I use this Weber SS grill pan . Works great .

I always start at 225 / 250 on mine . Then start bumping the temp 50 degrees at a time until I get to target . Always great results .

I like your grill pan and temperature ideas and will try them both next weekend. I bet I get more smoke flavor moving the temperature up like you do. Thank you for that.

Murph

Reactions: chopsaw
I like your grill pan and temperature ideas
That pan is a Weber product . They have different sizes .
You'll get more flavor with walking the temp up , but it also lets the vegetables cook thru before getting to much color .

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky