Smoked up 8lbs of cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksblazer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Just did up 8lbs of cheese and have it resting on the counter.

2lbs Mozzarella
2lbs Hot Buffalo Cheddar
4lbs Extra Sharp Cheddar

Will vacuum seal it up tomorrow and give it 90 days before trying.

20210220_183800_HDR.jpg
20210220_183742_HDR.jpg

Wow, nice color. How long did you have smoke on it? Looks like a really good batch.

Nice looking cheese! And 90 days wouldn't work for me either... unless I still had other smoked cheese to eat

Ryan

Reactions: ksblazer
1613935410191.png

Here is the brand of Buffalo hot wing cheese that I smoked up. But mine came. In 8 ounce rectangles without the wax on them.

The rectangles are about the perfect size for smoking. I cut them in half for this smoke. But if I like it. I may do a mix of full 8oz and a few cut in half.

Reactions: Steve H
View attachment 486056

Here is the brand of Buffalo hot wing cheese that I smoked up. But mine came. In 8 ounce rectangles without the wax on them.

The rectangles are about the perfect size for smoking. I cut them in half for this smoke. But if I like it. I may do a mix of full 8oz and a few cut in half.

Yancey makes some good cheese. Their cheese curds are about the best I've had since heluva good moved from NY.

Reactions: bobbyk and ksblazer
View attachment 486056

I just noticed where you're from. Good to hear Yancey's is over your way.

Reactions: ksblazer
Did my final cheese smoke of the year most likely.

2 1\4 lb of Gouda
2lb of Vermont extra sharp cheddar
1 1\2 lb of Yancey Fancy steakhouse onion cheddar
20210222_162142_HDR.jpg

90 days, is that do let the smoke creep all the way through? Is it needed to let the cheese rest before eating it? New to this cheese smoking world. Thanks.

I do this to mellow out the strong smoke flavor that is in the cheese right after you smoke it.

I know some people on this forum don't smoke their cheese as long as I do. So it won't need to rest as long before you can eat it.

I'm not sure how to post the direct link on this site from my phone.

But there is a really good thread called. Mr T's "Smoked Cheese From Go To Show" w/ Q- View

check it out. He tell's you pretty much everything you need to know. Step by step and a lot of other great info as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky