Smoked Tri-Tip(Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
I've been real busy lately and haven't been able to post much. So i thought i would share some Qview.

This smoke started when i was looking for something to smoke for my birthday,  i wanted something that i don't have very often,

then i remembered that my buddy Brian (bmudd14474) had given me a tri-tip at the NF Gathering. He brought it all the way from California (Thanks Brian).

I rubbed with Montreal Smokehouse Maple Seasoning

Smoked at 250º with lump and pecan 

Pulled and rested at an IT of 135º

I used a small amount of seasoning as to not over power the great taste of the meat

c7bf25bc_tritip009.jpg

Ready to pull and rest

a23766b3_tritip011.jpg

All rested, and time to slice

3f8d5c5b_tritip016.jpg

Tossed in a pan of Au-Jus and ready to serve

356e4a0a_tritip020.jpg

It came out great, you couldn't ask for a better birthday gift, Thanks Brian 
nana2.gif

That looks great. Im glad it came out good. And Happy birthday.

And a happy belated merry chrissmans day to you and a happy uhh year buudy.. yeah all that stuff in all....................... Nice bird.............
th_anim_burp.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky