Smoked three kinds last night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlh42581

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
It was 42 here in pa. This was smoked with an amazn tube smoker, the small one, in my large smoker. Three hours of smoke a mix of Maple/Hickory/Cherry pellets.

1 lb of Mild Cheddar

1/2 lb of Muenster

1/2 lb of Pepper Jack

Unfortunately none of this will be aged long, its all christmas gifts. Its sitting in 95% sealed bags on the counter top. If you look close you can see my sealer, they will be sealed tonight.

Thank you, I made this mistake of sharing it on social media and now its almost if I need to start a business lol.

Thats actually 2 lbs of cheddar and 1 lb of the others so 4lbs total

Been stocking up on sale cheese and the twice as much for 8 0z. Gotta finish my cold smoker tomorrow. will do a burn,  then do it. It is so cold fellar  hates do anything cept hunt. Yea venison.

That is some good lookin cheese, you got some good color on it.
drool.gif

The color ive found on two batches doesnt come out REALLY good till it sits for 24 hours in a 95% sealed bag on the counter. Then it looks even better.

Been stocking up on sale cheese and the twice as much for 8 0z. Gotta finish my cold smoker tomorrow. will do a burn,  then do it. It is so cold fellar  hates do anything cept hunt. Yea venison.
Ive been hunting here in PA but not doing well. I do much better in archery season. 800,000 gun hunters is too many. Headed to Iowa 2015, will have enough points then. Maybe maryland next year or new york.

I made the mistake of bringing my smoked cheese to deer camp with 14 other hunters.......needless to say I didn't get much, but the praise was worth it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky