Smoked Swordfish With A Dijon & Tarragon Sauce!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Well Happy Monday Smoked Cookies!

And here's to a brand new and beautiful fresh week!

My smoker's valve has been FROZEN, amid our sub zero temps, but with today at 19 degrees - a heatwave right - all is back and in bountiful business!

A simple swordfish just needed to be eaten today, and so here that is! 

Enjoy!

I mopped this through grapeseed oil, as always...

And then microwaved a red garnet yam for 5 minutes to "start it" and then sliced that up and coated those discs, along with asparagus, with grapeseed oil too...

That went onto my little gas smoker, at about 350 degrees, and with hickory chips. I took the asparagus off after 10 minutes...

I put the swordfish onto a grill grate piece that I layered onto the smoker, for 15 minutes, with the yams meanwhile remaining and getting all maple-esque and fantastic...(Yams total = 25 minutes).

Then a parsley salad - YES - you read that correctly. Smiles. Some people really DO eat parsley! I ADORE it! And I like to convert an entire parsley "bunch" into a salad in itself, with some chopped raw elephant garlic, squeezed lime, and too, olive oil! (Good food to eat for skin and bodyas well)! Good stuff!

And I whisked together Dijon mustard, olive oil, and dried tarragon and put that onto the fish - WON-DER-FUL!

I sprinkled flakes of Cyprus Black Lava Sea Salt (which has activated charcoal in it and is delicious) over everything except the fish - which had the savory Dijon sauce on top - and drizzled more olive oil over it all...

And while I always rave about these "same old" smoked yams, I must say, they are like CANDY! (And I don't even like candy)!!! But these oiled "discs" are simply out of this world! AMAZING even! If nothing else, I highly suggest that one at least TRY one!

AND - the fish, first mopped in grapeseed oil and then smoked for 15 minutes, was so soft, moist, (not dried out at all), and yet the skin was cooked enough for me to love it and eat every corner or crumb!

Mashing the sauce and potatoes and black salt and sassy parsley even, all together, made for one lovely as ever little eating experience!

Simple aside, I hope you enjoyed my lunch from today. Happy Marvelous Monday! And hey, my smoker thawed and is usable! For that alone, I am quite grateful!

Cheers!!!!!!!!! - Leah

Reactions: snorkelinggirl
Everything looks Perfect, as usual, Leah!!!  That fish has to be Awesome!!

Shame you're so far away!!

I think I told you about the Parsley patch my Mother had outside the kitchen door, but I just remembered how I used to grab a handful when I would walk by it to munch on (back as far as 55 years ago). I still love it !!

MMMmmm---I could snack on those Yam chips often!!

Bear

Thank you tons Bear!!!!!!

From your swordfish, to parsley, your family just seems so downright amazing!!!! (Least I forget all your fabulous "dog/pet" additions as well)!

My kind of people!!! Indeed!

Cheers!!!!!!!! - Leah

That looks so good
drool.gif

Looks great.

Question thou. Asparagus only takes 10 mins? I have been wanting to try them.

Thank you very much sweet cookies!!! (Bear55, Jrod62 and c farmer).

And yes, asparagus are very smoky after ten minutes, and cooked, and delicious! I just mop them through grapeseed oil first, and am smoking everything on fairly high heat. Enjoy!!! Cheers! - Leah

I agree about the parsley salad, Leah. It is a poor little underappreciated green, with just a miserly sprig tossed on a plate as a garnish most of the time. When dressed appropriately, it is delicious and also (bonus!) freshens your breath!

I keep meaning to try your smoked garnet yam recipe as we eat them a lot, but still haven't done it. Need to shimmy that to the top of my "to do" list.

Thanks for a beautiful post!
Clarissa

Oh wow, what a beautiful plate of food. I am a big fan of swordfish, but have never used smoked on it. Thanks for sharing your pics and passion, Leah!

Noshrimp

Nice job, Leah. The swordfish and entire meal looks great. The fish looks perfectly cooked and moist, not dried out and flaking. The Dijon, olive oil, and tarragon mix is always a nice accompaniment to a dish like that.

As usual, another great presentation.

Thank you David! The swordfish was lovely indeed!

(I could eat a good Dijon from spoon to jar to mouth; though do make effort to see that it reaches the plate now and then).

Happy new week to you!!!! Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky