Smoked Stuffz Burgers (9 ounce)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Cracked open another 3-pack of my Stuffz 9 ounce burgers. These are stuffed with Swiss--Shrooms--and Swiss again.

Mrs Bear doesn't want hers smoked, so I wrapped hers in foil to keep them all together in the process.

Filled my one of my AMNS with Cherry, but just in the outside two rows, and lit both ends for maximum smoke.

Wanted to eat at 5 PM, so I put them in at 3 PM. Set the temp at 170˚ with my remote.

Wanted to smoke them to about 115˚, before moving to the Weber "Q" grill.

Inserted the built in probe, and went in to watch Penn State & Northwestern.

At around 4:15 the internal temp was up to 110˚, so I changed the temp to 150˚, with the remote I had beside my Football watching chair.

This slowed it down good, and removed from MES 40 at 4:50.

Finished up on grill----Ready at 5 PM.

Note: Mrs Bear's foiled burger was at 135˚, when I made the transfer to the grill, so next time I'll put hers in a bit later.

Everything was great!

Enjoy the Qview,  (Don't forget to click on pics to zoom in---You won't be sorry)
Bear

My dream smoker ready to go:

ce6ec47d_DSC01679.jpg

Nice AMNS Cherry Smoke going:

d0db5110_DSC01681.jpg

Finishing on the grill. Mrs. Bear's in the back:

47705fbd_DSC01685.jpg

Shot of the Oozing Goodness (with Dijon Mustard):

8cabf015_DSC01687.jpg

Time to eat:

af9ea119_DSC01690.jpg

In case you're wondering what happened to the third burger?

My next day Supper (Nuked to warm), with some extra cheese, Horsey Sauce,

my last fresh Cherry Tomatoes of the year 
icon_cry.gif
, some lettuce, and some Dill Stackers:

3b5e09aa_DSC01693.jpg

Last edited:
By god them look so yummy, i dont have a craving for burgers till i come to the sight and you mean , people show them

beautiful suculant juicy looking num nums.

John this just aint right. It is only 7AM and I am already Jonsin for a burger.

YUM.  Those look so goood!  Remote control BBQ, hmmmm. the only exercise I'd get if I had that would be getting up for fresh beers out of the fridge!

Well, I'm going to get technical here.  I've been experimenting with the weight of the hamburger when using the Stuffz press and I basically use 4 oz bottom and 4 oz top.  Are you using an equal split of 4.5 or some other ratio.  I ask this because when I do the first press, it just doesn't seem that the meat is filling the side walls quite right, that is to say, to the top of the Stuffz press walls equally.  AND on top of all that SWMBO says that her's is just TOO big.  Wanna have some fun?  Try using less meat.  I'm down to about 3/3 oz but they tend to blow out, even with just barely any "Stuffz".  Oh, the anxiety and stress of this all
icon_mrgreen.gif
.  Hey, the smiley page has changed!!!!!!!

Well, I'm going to get technical here.  I've been experimenting with the weight of the hamburger when using the Stuffz press and I basically use 4 oz bottom and 4 oz top.  Are you using an equal split of 4.5 or some other ratio.  I ask this because when I do the first press, it just doesn't seem that the meat is filling the side walls quite right, that is to say, to the top of the Stuffz press walls equally.  AND on top of all that SWMBO says that her's is just TOO big.  Wanna have some fun?  Try using less meat.  I'm down to about 3/3 oz but they tend to blow out, even with just barely any "Stuffz".  Oh, the anxiety and stress of this all
icon_mrgreen.gif
.  Hey, the smiley page has changed!!!!!!!
Because of that, I used 5 oz on bottom, and 4 oz on top, because the top doesn't have to fill the sidewalls.

Yeah, I noticed the change on the smiley page. I thought at first that was because they finally added some new ones, but all they did was rearrange the old ones.

By god them look so yummy, i dont have a craving for burgers till i come to the sight and you mean , people show them

beautiful suculant juicy looking num nums.
We apologize. LOL

that looks awesome!
Thank You!

Bear,  How can you do this to me so early in the morning?

TJ
Stuffed Burger Breakfast in MN???

John this just aint right. It is only 7AM and I am already Jonsin for a burger.
LOL---Yeah you West coasters get to sleep late, but then you're up 3 hours later than I am. 

YUM.  Those look so goood!  Remote control BBQ, hmmmm. the only exercise I'd get if I had that would be getting up for fresh beers out of the fridge!
That's why I keep my beer in my basement fridge---Lots of steps to & from my Millers.

Bear them burgers look unbelivable. My question though is what the heck are you using to clean that smoker?? Is it new or did I miss a post??

Bear them burgers look unbelivable. My question though is what the heck are you using to clean that smoker?? Is it new or did I miss a post??

Bear finally got caught and has to fess up!!

He's a fraud!

All his smokes have been done in Photo Shop with fake smokers.

TJ

Thanks Terry,

LOL---I semi-retired my MES 30, and replaced it with my dream smoker---The new remote controlled MES 40.

I absolutely LOVE IT !  I didn't get it very dirty yet. Didn't do any big messy smokes.

Dang those Stufz are awesome.
Thanks Brian. Great little invention.

He's a fraud!

TJ
LOL---Caught me ! 
icon_redface.gif

He's a fraud!

TJ

You mean Squirrel has been a cartoon all along! :(   WWHHAAAAAAAAAA!

Bear, Where have I seen them burgers before and where was the pic of the bottle of beer with a cap?

Ya just can't beat a burger like that, they look delicious!!!!  If you like green olives, try a olive and swiss Stufz.

Since I have been using my Stufz, I have relized that I want one made out of stainless steel, for more durability. 

Bear, Where have I seen them burgers before and where was the pic of the bottle of beer with a cap?

Ya just can't beat a burger like that, they look delicious!!!!  If you like green olives, try a olive and swiss Stufz.

Since I have been using my Stufz, I have relized that I want one made out of stainless steel, for more durability. 
LOL---Yeah, did you remember when you posted yours, I mentioned I was thawing a 3-pack of mine at that same time.

"Great minds think alike", or would that be "Great bellies eat alike" ?

Hmmm, yes I do like green olives (and ripe ones)---I gotta try that. I usually just have them on the side.

I wonder ---- chopped up & put into the burger with the Shrooms & Swiss???  Or maybe just with the Swiss??

Bear

How about trying them both ways?

LOL---Yeah, did you remember when you posted yours, I mentioned I was thawing a 3-pack of mine at that same time.

"Great minds think alike", or would that be "Great bellies eat alike" ?

Hmmm, yes I do like green olives (and ripe ones)---I gotta try that. I usually just have them on the side.

I wonder ---- chopped up & put into the burger with the Shrooms & Swiss???  Or maybe just with the Swiss??

Bear

My God man.  Stop it!!  That was just too early even for a West Coaster like me.  (Dem burgers really look good though.  Keep em coming.)  But stop it!!
Thanks Cavey,

"Keep 'em coming" but "Stop it"???---Now I'm getting dizzy! 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Man that looks good!!!!!
Thank You much!

How about trying them both ways?
I will, but I gotta use up the frozen ones first.

If you beat me to it, let me know.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky