Smoked stuffed mushrooms w/ pork sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefjeff

Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Hi folks, new to the forum. Smoking for 2 yrs now. Has anyone smoked stuffed mushrooms with pork sausage? I was wondering how long and at what temp? Thanks for any help.

I've smoked some with crab meat, cream cheese mixed and smoked provolone cheese. Took about 2 hours. Next time I put the cheese on later, so I don't loose to much cheese from melting.

Try smoking them at 230-240 degrees for about 2 hours.  If you want to make it easy just use portabela mushrooms and scrape out the gills to allow for more stuffing.  I topped mine with fresh marinated mozerella cheese balls.  Be creative.

I have done shrooms with a cream cheese based filling then wrapped a piece of bacon around them and smoke them.... they are awesome! My wife can't to ABT's (she's a spice wimp), so I do ABT's for me and shrooms for her.

Yes I have done this both in the smoker and in the oven. I mix a brick of cream cheese, a log of Jimmy deans sausage (browned, and some onion. I use this same mix in my mushrooms and in my ABT's. I just smoke them until they look done. I am usually throwing them in while I am smoking something else so some times they are at 225 degrees and some times they are at 300 degrees. I just go by looks as everything is already cooked. We love them!

I've smoked some with crab meat, cream cheese mixed and smoked provolone cheese. Took about 2 hours. Next time I put the cheese on later, so I don't loose to much cheese from melting.
CheffJeff, here are the before and after pic's, the 2nd pic was the day after, still yummy.

a1e1f353_000_0251.jpg
e4b5f659_000_0276.jpg

Chef,

JIRordriguez has an awesome recipe for stuffed shrooms ( I would use portabello shrooms). Or do a search for stuffed mushrooms, there are a few of them.

No offense to the other threads for stuffed mushrooms  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky