Smoked Smashed Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look excellent! I always smoke taters any time I fire up the stick burner and if there's extra room. I smoke them from raw though. Oil and season and throw on the smoker. I usually will smoke more than I need for a meal and will take the extras off when a little over half done. Cool then put them in the fridge for breakfast taters during the week. Fry them up in a cast iron pan to finish them. I have done the smashed taters like yours several times. I have crisped them up in cast iron pan with butter or better yet deep fry them. Deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes and WOW! I have a 2 basket propane deep fryer for outside. When I fry fish I'll do these taters instead of regular fries. Always a huge hit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky