Smoked & Seared Tri Tip For Johnny Ray (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's nothing as pleasing as meeting new people and ending up with new friends.
The meal looks great (thought I was the only one who added dried cranberries to veggies).
It sure was bad luck, though, that your smoker died half way through the cook and you weren't able to bring that tri-tip up to medium. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:.
Gary

Great looking meal and loving the patio to eat on.

Appreciate it Jim. Tracy thought I was crazy for designing the house with the patio that big but there's been a few times she said she wished it had more space. A guy just can't win :emoji_wink:

Outstanding! That whole meal looks off the charts good man. And the TT was perfectly done. Glad you all had a great evening together.

Thank you my friend. We did in fact have a great evening. Food was tasty and the company world class.

A good time with great folks, that's what life's all about, huge Like!

You are so right my friend!! Hopefully we will start getting to the poit that we can return to spending time with friends.

I put weight on just looking at it.

That's a scary thought but one that I appreciate. Thank you.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Fantastic Robert. Just fantastic! Looks like the meal and friends were a hit

Thanks so much Steve. The meal was good but the friends were outstanding!!

That's just Beautiful, Robert! TT perfectly cooked, and everything looks delicious.

Very much appreciate it Mike. Having a good therm makes all the difference in dialing in the meat temps. Certainly was a tasty meal.

looks like ya had a great evening Robert, always great to share a meal like that with friends.

I couldn't agree more Jim. Being that Tracy love entertaining out friends this past year has been a bit of a struggle but hopefully things are starting to turn around.

We are on a 23 day camping trip through the great state of Texas. I’m pretty sure no matter what, meeting Tracey, Robert and Bianca (their sweet puppy) will be the highlight of our trip.

Johnny...I cannot thank you enough for all the kind words.Once again, we were honored that you opted to join us. With all the things you could have been doing and all the places you could have gone, to take time to come visit with us is an honor that we take very seriously. As much as we loved having you here, I think the best part was the first moment we introduced ourselves. The comfort level was immediate as was the bond between all of us.It was a truly world-class afternoon / evening and I sincerely hope we can do it again some time soon.

Robert

I think we have no choice but to crash it SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan because if Robert invited us, he’d probably picture us showing up like this:

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the kind words. You cannot however crash a party to which you have a standing invite. The meme could be you and TN but you're missing the third stooge :emoji_laughing:

No much else to say but just EPIC! A good meal, good company, and a nice day!

Thanks so much sir. Appreciate the kind words n the meal and the support for the cooker addiction. There are a few of us out there who suffer from that anomaly :emoji_wink:

JR looking a Bit like "The Fonz" after a Great Meal !!

Thank you Bear...and that's kind what I was thinking and what made me snap that pic. Too good to pass up.

Nicely done and looks like some happy diner's...JJ

Appreciate it JJ. We were happy and wouldn't even have needed any food. Just the company was enough.

Great job!

Thank you so much.

Robert

I couldn't imagine a better meal, or a better place to have it. Great job Robert!

Thank you Dave!! One thing that would have made the place better is if you were here :emoji_wink:

Fantastic , and a good time was had by all. Everything looked perfect

Very much appreciate it David, and yes sir, we did have a good time.

Congrats on a successful outing and the meeting of some new friends.

Thank you. I've really been looking forward to this one since Johnny and I started chatting about it. The whole tone of his messages just gave me the strong impression that he was a great guy, and I was right.

Sure this will be a lasting memory for all involved. Thanks for including us in your memories.🍻

Yes sir John, this one will go down in the mental archives as one of the best times we've ever had with friends. Was just a fantastic time.

OMG Awesome meal all around! I have 6 more Tritips coming from CA next week...mmmmm

Cool for you!! We love the TT's around here. I got a wholesale order from CPB that had 12 of them in it. The order was split with another forum member who loves close by so we got 6 each. Seems to be a popular number :emoji_wink:

Robert

great meal, cook and evening with friends. thats what matters in this world more that is given credit!

You are so right Dave. This forum has created a lot of good friendships, I can attest to that.

I can only imagine what a great host you are.

Actually Jeff, I'm a horrible host but thank you anyway. When you first get here I show you where everything is with a standing directive of "eat and drink all you want till it's gone then you can't have any more". At that point you're on your own :emoji_laughing:

It sure was bad luck, though, that your smoker died half way through the cook and you weren't able to bring that tri-tip up to medium.

I know. Don't ya just hate it when that happens? That crappy old Rec Tec just seems to do that to me every time: stops short of completely torching the meat. Maybe I need to look into a new one :emoji_astonished: Outside of all that, I do very much appreciate the kind words. As far as the cranberries in the asparagus, that was a notion I got for Christmas dinner in '19. Gave it a shot and we both fell in love with it. I use them in a couple of different salads also that we enjoy.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: GaryHibbert
Robert I must say your generosity know no bounds. That was an impeccable meal, and it's nice to see your property bounced back from the storm.

Points for sure
Chris

SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan and xray xray showing up to tx smoker tx smoker in their Sunday Go To Eating Clothes.

1617228961252.png

Those newspaper pant are sweet.:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Don't take this wrong please the meal looks fantastic.
Is it me or did you cut that roast with the grain for a reason?

I'm late to this one. That is one heck of a good looking meal Robert. Glad y'all had a great time. Also glad you extended the tennessee gathering invite to Johnny Ray Johnny Ray he's in western kentucky so likely only an hour or so away from me! Let us know Johnny! We'd love to have yall

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky