Smoked sausage calzones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frosty91

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Illinois
Had left over smoked sausage so I searched the forums for a good dough recipe and found one easy enough. Made the dough and let it rise, separated them into 4 rolls and flattened them. While I was waiting for it to rise I cut up green pepper, red pepper, onion and the sausage. Spread pizza sauce on them, filled with the fillings, added mozzarella to two of them only because I forgot on the other two. Put in the oven at 350, waiting now for them to brown up! I know it's in the oven:( but it did have smoked sausage!

sausage.gif
great idea thanks for the post.

Warren

Right on, I forgot them. But I don't think I had them sealed enough for it to matter. Next time will be better! And will remember the holes. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Those look great man! Haven't had a calzone in a while! Thanks for sharing this!

No problem! My first time trying and thought it was great. Will be doing many more, it's a great way to use up leftovers. Because you can put almost anything in them

Looks tasty,too bad I dislike making dough anything and am to lazy to go to the store agian.

Looks tasty,too bad I dislike making dough anything and am to lazy to go to the store agian.

Yeah making the dough is a messy job. But only like 4 ingredients so I don't mind too bad lol. Definitely messy tho

That looks good. What kind of sausage did you make and use? Did you find the dough recipe online?  And yeah now I'm hungry. way to go.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky