Smoked salmon start to finish this time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamajon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Crestview Florida
ok i just posted some pics last time of after i smoked. i actually took some pics from the strt today. super easy recipe. I have found though that fresh makes it WAY better. Luckilly I'm in Alaska so fresh it is.

Fresh sockeye Salmon in the brine.
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup kosher salt
a little cayenne pepper
a little red pepper flakes
01369e0b025454918585b709d71930bd34998b2150.jpg

Reactions: bertman
Looks good! Couple questions:

1. I see a liquid brine but your list of ingredients does not indicate any liquid.

2. How long and at what temps did you smoke it?

3. What wood did you use?

Looks good! Couple questions:

1. I see a liquid brine but your list of ingredients does not indicate any liquid.

2. How long and at what temps did you smoke it?

3. What wood did you use?

1. its 64 ounces of water.. sorry left that out.

2. started out at 125 - 150 for an hour. then basted it with maple syrup.
from there i moved it up to 175 until internal temp of 140. then basted again every 45 minutes. took about 3 hours total on the smoker. the reason i start out so low is too gradually bring the salmon up to temp. if you do it too fast it will seep out white stuff and get dry.

3. I used cherry this time. Alder works great on salmon too.

Looks great, I haven't done salmon in a while. I need to correct that.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky