Smoked ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
This past week I was in VA in some training, since my wife's birthday is this coming Tuesday, I decided sometime ago Id pick our daughter up at college, luckily she goes to college about 1/2 way between home and my training location. Since she wouldnt be able to be home for the wife's bday or Mothers Day, figured be a nice surprise.

Today, we picked up some ribeyes, taters and some jalapenos for poppers. 1st I made up the poppers, cooked up some chorizo, mixed that with cream cheese and 3 pepper blend cheese. Stuffed the penos with the cheese mixture and wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled some rub on them and in the smoker they went at 275 with some apple chips. Had the poppers as a midafternoon snack, sorry no picts on those.

Since I had the smoker fired up, figured throw some rub on the ribeyes and toss them in the smoker closer to dinner. Smoked them to 130-135 and tossed on the grill for a good sear. Wife made some bacon, cheddar potatos and steamed up some green beans.

20210501_180832.jpg

She told me some time ago she wanted a red velvet cheesecake with a creamcheese frosting. Im far from a good baker, but for her, I try to do some baking. She will be 46 on Tues but didnt have a 6 candle, soooo 45 and 1 works.

20210501_204406.jpg

In years past, she hasnt always had great bdays bc of weather or whatever, this yr, she had a great one. Beatiful weather, dinner on the deck and our daughter home along with our son.

Looks like an awesome meal and I'm sure she enjoyed the surprise visit from her daughter to. Glad the weather was good and hope she had a great Birthday you did well making it a good one

That was a real nice surprise and birthday meal you prepared for your wife. Nice job.
Was the entire cheese cake red, or just the outside?
Gary

The entire cheesecake was red, took 2 bottles of red fpod coloring to get it that color.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments, etc. Sadly have to drive our daughter back today to finish out the semester, which is only 2.5 wks. Also wife got her second shot yesterday and she feels like crap. But overall I think my wife had a great pre-birthday celebration

Reactions: GaryHibbert
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky