Smoked Pork Tenderloin With Pineapple Rum Compote ( W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Alrighty...y'all asked for it, so here ya go :emoji_laughing: In my post yesterday I made mention of not wanting to post too much stuff and over do things but I was encouraged to post meals that looked really good or had a creative aspect to them. Here is one I did about a week and a half ago but did not post because I'd just posted a different meal. This one was a LOT of fun also. Partly because it was something I'd never done before and partly because I got to play with my new toy, which you'll see in a few minutes. I'd kinda been dreaming about a flavor combination of pineapple and pork for a bit and decided to just go ahead and do it. Here ya go:

Got the pineapple rum compote going
001.jpg

Apply the compote and some black pepper to the pork tenderloins, cover, and let sit in the fridge overnight
008.jpg

Here's the new toy: the tater grater
009.jpg

Here she is in action
012.jpg

Mix grated taters in a bowl with a splash of heavy cream, salt, pepper, chopped green onions and grated cheddar cheese
014.jpg

Put into individual CI baking dishes
015.jpg

Top with some bread crumbs
016.jpg

Got some fresh broccoli in the steamer
017.jpg

Pork and tater casseroles on the Rec Tec
018.jpg

Pork tenderloins all done
019.jpg

Meal plated. Pork sliced and topped with more compote, the broccoli topped with Parmegano Reggiano, and the tater casseroles
021.jpg

Another one that has a unique and creative aspect to it. The rum pineapple compote was a first for me and an outstanding accompaniment to the pork. The flavors just melded incredibly well. As good as that was though, to me the highlight of the meal was the tater casserole. It was so good with the ingredient combination and a nice little hint of smoke. Those will get done again real soon!! Tracy did ask that I forego the bread crumbs next time. She said they really didn't bring much to the party. I'm not gonna argue with her but I kinda liked them :emoji_wink: The next night we did BLT's and I tossed a handful of the pork into the bacon grease after it was finished cooking. Warmed the pork and added it to my BLT. That was pretty darned good also!! I do have pics but I'm sure your imagination can put that one together :emoji_sunglasses: Oh well, that about does it for this one. I have a couple more that are photographically documented but not posted. I may go ahead and post them and have honored the wishes of all the folks who provided positive reinforcement in my thread yesterday.

Y'all have a great weekend!!
Robert

Robert That is a great looking meal as always,love Pineapple with pork. Likes
Richie

Who just hit another one out of the park? You did Robert, that meal looks great. Pork and pineapple works, love the fresh broc and taters too! Big Like! RAY

Another great looking meal Robert! I'm with the rest of them...keep posting. Like your new toy, we still use the old fashioned way and crank away but works good. Cool little CI pans.

Ryan

Looks fantastic!

The better half's b-day is coming...might have to get her a spud-grinder!

Great looking meal as always Robert!

LIKE!

Just picked up a pair of pork tenderloins from "The Pork Shop" to do the cherry bourbon smoke for my wife and her parents next weekend for super bowl sunday. Just might see if I can squeeze those taters in as a side.

BTW - Apparently the place is a local legend for anything pork, fresh corn fed Iowa hogs are all they do. Bumped into a lady in there that has lived in the area since 2004 and raises her own cattle and used to also raise hogs, but since she found this place she gave up the hogs and only buy her pork there....So I also got some snack sticks that she recommended and maple syrup breakfast sausages and fresh brats. Broke into the snack sticks on the way home. :emoji_laughing:

Need to tell sawhorseray sawhorseray about the place once I see how the tenderloins turn out, but the snack sticks are yummy. Oh and my MIL requested the brats for an appetizer.....

John

Last edited:
Who just hit another one out of the park? You did Robert, that meal looks great. Pork and pineapple works, love the fresh broc and taters too! Big Like! RAY

Thank you sir!! Can't tell you how much I appreciate the kind words and the LIKE

Robert

Another great looking meal Robert! I'm with the rest of them...keep posting. Like your new toy, we still use the old fashioned way and crank away but works good. Cool little CI pans.

Appreciate it Ryan. I'm finding myself more and more using CI and those little baking dishes have been workhorses recently. I've used them a lot as well as the 8" CI skillets I got for Christmas.

Robert

Looks fantastic!

Thanks so much. Appreciate the accolades.

The better half's b-day is coming...might have to get her a spud-grinder!

Truth be told this was bought to be a cheese grater. We are tired of paying huge prices for those little bags of pre-grated cheese from the store so I started buying cheese in bulk and grating it myself. The little thing came with 5 or 6 different attachments for slicing, grating, and all sorts of stuff. I think it's primarily designed for use on veggies, and it works great for slicing as well as grating, but it works great for cheese also and it's SO easy to set up, take apart, and clean. I just got it a couple weeks ago and figure it's already paid for itself just by the cheese I've done with it. Probably the best $53 I've ever spent on a kitchen toy.

Robert

Great looking meal as always Robert!

Thank you my friend!! Great story about the pork shop. I wish I could buy pork like that around here but guess I'll just have to stick to Costco. I did find a great place to buy beef from though :emoji_laughing: More on the way as a matter of fact. I got a $100 CPB gift card for Christmas that's been burning a hole in the top of my desk for almost a month. Of course it didn't come close to covering what I ordered but it sure did help!! Keep us posted on those pork tenderloins. I'm curious. I'd be willing to check into the place and see if they deliver and if so, I may well start ordering from them.

Here's hoping...
Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That tenderloin looks perfectly cooked. And the pineapple has got to be to die for on those! As soon as i saw the tater casseroles I knew i would be trying that in the neer future! Once again great job on everything! LIKE!

Looks Great, as usual, Robert!!
Nice Job of Tasty looking Stuff!!
Like.

Thanks Bear!! Appreciate the kind words and the LIKE. I've just been having a blast recently playing around with different meals and have gotten lucky a few times that they came out well.

Robert

That tenderloin looks perfectly cooked. And the pineapple has got to be to die for on those! As soon as i saw the tater casseroles I knew i would be trying that in the neer future! Once again great job on everything! LIKE!

Thanks so much. Yes, i kept a pretty close eye on the temp of the pork. those little things will cook in a hurry. Glad you liked the idea of the potato casseroles. They were REALLY good. Matter of fact I may be doing something similar this morning to make hash browns for breakfast.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky