Smoked on the BBQ "Half chicken with Dressed up Smashed Taters"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Smoked on the BBQ "Half chicken with Dressed up Smashed Taters"

Was going to be pork chops today , but just picked up6 more chickens on sale , we cut in have most of them as we us a lot of them for food for the girls ( dogs )
Easier doing up halves instead of whole. Left 3 hole and halved up the other 6.

1.JPG

So decided to Q up half for our supper. Salt and pepper and Summer Savory, in fridge for couple hours while did more yard work.

Here is the finished plate , just to be backwards

9.JPG

So Q set at about 450 and Competition blend pellets in the tube. While the bird is roasting up , I boil a few little potatoes.
Smash them up, lol. Salt and pepper, raw onion, cheddar cheese and top with green onion. When chicken is almost to temp
put the taters in the Q.

3.JPG
4.JPG

5.JPG

Removed the chicken and let the Tatars finish up

7.JPG

All done and ready to gobble it down

8.JPG

Not ready yet, need some of my Bread and Butter pickles

10.JPG

There now I can eat, lol

( edit...sorry forgot to mention the boxed stuffing )
Was a great meal and Mona smiled , so I guess I'm good.

Thanks for reading . Have a great weekend .

David

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That meal looks amazing. I would love to eat it.

Since you are in Nova Scotia your avatar should look more like this. Kidding around since they look so pretty and I would love to have one.

nova scotia duck tolling retriever

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes a quick and tasty meal.

Friend of mine had a couple NS Trollers, very sweet and pretty dogs

David

It all looks great David! Your pickles remind me that I can't wait to make mine this year soon. Neighbors have reminded me a few times that I need to get on them as soon as pickle cukes are available.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Excellent David! Smashed potatoes are a favorite around here, but I haven't cooked them in awhile. That'll change today, thanks for the idea...

It all looks great David! Your pickles remind me that I can't wait to make mine this year soon. Neighbors have reminded me a few times that I need to get on them as soon as pickle cukes are available.

Yes was a nice quick meal ,

And yes love our pickles, still have lots of my B + B but just about out of the Mustard pickles.
Pickle season for us is Aug./Sept. Coming into Jam and Jelly time here soon for some items

David

Reactions: jcam222
Most excellent looking meal David. We like to mix some extra butter and small shrimp in our stuffing.

Point for sure
Chris

Excellent David! Smashed potatoes are a favorite around here, but I haven't cooked them in awhile. That'll change today, thanks for the idea...

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment

Yes we like them also, was going to make Hasselback Potatoes, but switched at last minute as I forgot to take out some bacon :emoji_disappointed:

David

Most excellent looking meal David. We like to mix some extra butter and small shrimp in our stuffing.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

It was a nice meal and the chicken had a great crisp shin and quite juicy.

Yes I always pound the butter to the box stuffing , shrimps a no go for me , Mona would be ok with them, lol

David

WOW!! As usual, you killed it on this one. An excellent looking plate of food that I'd be proud to sit down to. Very nice job David...and I just posted a thread backwards so we're on the same page :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Was a nice quick meal on the Q, and kind of you to say .
Thought I would post a finishplate so folks could make u mind right away if they wanted to keep reading or not, lol

David

Looks awesome David! Looks delicious no matter which way you post your pics!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Was a very nice meal , crispy and juicy chicken , and smashed potatoes , even the box stuffing was not too bad, lol.

Ha ha , yes finished pic first , so folks can opt out if they want.

David

That’s a heck of a meal David!! Very nice!!

Thanks Joe for the like and the comment

It was a very good meal, and really enjoyed.

Was going to have some the next day but Mona made a big chicken and stuffing burger, :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed:

I did have some potatoes and hot dogs though. I snooze , I lose, lol

David

Man David… you knocked that one outta the park my friend! Very nicely done and as I will say on this meal… slap a bib on this ol redneck and look out… I’m going in head first! Awesome meal buddy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky