Smoked Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have updated the original post for the proper smoking method of this recipe for the meatloaf.

Note: My meat thermometer was very deceptive. I got readings of 185° F internal temp but the sides and bottom were still pink and mushy. So I disregarded the temps and went a full 4 hours on the smoke and then I pulled it (and I’m glad I did!).

I just couldn’t see this meatloaf being done at 2.5 hrs for 4 lbs of meat when all the other comparable recipes out there were calling for 3.5 - 4 hrs of smoke time. That’s why I chose to let it ride for the full 4 hours.

Meatloaf was very moist and full of amazing hickory flavor. I’m stuffed but my mouth is still watering as it wants more.

Another up close look as I pulled the last square from the pan so it could go in the tupperware and to the freezer with the others for later.

DF8DAF85-BC03-47C4-9BD8-8DD76EF457CA.jpeg
D491FD98-B4A7-4BAD-A33F-91C829B35B64.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky