Smoked Meatloaf and Mashed Potato Balls ( long with pictures )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The meal looks great. You were able to get the potatoes to crisp up at the 250 temp?
Thanks for the comment
Yes they were fantastic, real nice crunch and easy to bite, hold or cut, I lightly sprayed with Pam cooking oil, so that soaked into the bread crumbs , Than the crunch

I will be making these a lot, ha ha wife said so

David

I have a Cajun meatloaf recipe I have been wanting to try smoked. You've inspired me.
I would go for it ofelles and thanks for the comment and like, I have seen lots here on the forum , said what the hell might as well try one . But the potatoes were fantastic

David

Last edited:
Dude that all looks great. I like the loaf but the mashed potato balls have got to be the star of the show! Going on the list to try out! Congrats on the spinner ride.
Thanks Smokin for the like and the comment
I was surprised with a meatloaf to get the ride but i will enjoy it. You are completely right the mashed potato balls were
and are ( still have a couple in fridge and also good cold ) fantastic. I just blended a couple different ideas from recipes and gave it a try. Mona (wife ) said i have to do again and do them the same ....do not change. I have a habit of adding things to see how it works out. So i guess i will not change these

David

Darn good looking meal. We lo e meatloaf. Taters looks very interesting as well. Nicely done!

Darn good looking meal. We lo e meatloaf. Taters looks very interesting as well. Nicely done!

Thanks jmusser for the comment , meatloaf is something we love , but don't do it often enough (but
now with smoking them, maybe more often ) and the potatoes were great, i will do again

David

Man that meatloaf looks great and the potato balls are money! Im bookmarking this post for the recipe. I also have a couple of furry sous chefs that supervise the cooking. I just cant teach them to load the dishwasher.
Jim

Man that meatloaf looks great and the potato balls are money! Im bookmarking this post for the recipe. I also have a couple of furry sous chefs that supervise the cooking. I just cant teach them to load the dishwasher.
Jim

Thanks Jim, that is very nice of you to say
Thanks for the like and the comments,
The meatloaf was fun to make and good , BUT the Mashed potato balls were fantastic, nice crunch but not too hard, sucked in the smoke really good, and they were also good cold right out of fridge will walking by , but i did miss having the chives in them.
And yes its good to have help with the clean up on the floor, ha ha . Mine can barely reach the bottom of the dishwasher, but i know they would clean the plates if i let them

Top Hat 004.JPG Top Hat 003.JPG Top Hat 002.JPG The girls 007.JPG

2 have passed now They were dresses up for New Years supper....ha ha
thanks

David

Reactions: JLeonard
I’ll have to show my wife the pics! She’ll love them.
BFD3CCB4-329D-45A4-8D94-BA72E325D525.jpeg

54DB1B51-22A3-4D0F-9AC8-3E68982A8DB7.jpeg

My sous chefs. Both of em are spoilt rotten and know that they are getting good stuff when I’m in the kitchen.
Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very true David. Our big girl, Melia, is getting on in years and she is our super sweet girl. Gonna hurt to let her go.
Jim

Its hard i know , and makes me mad , but than i have to think we give them the best life we can . Keep them safe and happy , it is all we can do . And love them enough to say good by and let them go without suffering

Wow , going to make myself tear up

OK happy thoughts

David

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky