Smoked Hotdogs (W/Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 17, 2006
West Virginia
Had a couple packs of hotdogs for the grill this evening. I wondered how they would do in the smoker and decided to find out. Rubbed them down with EVOO and Jeff's rub (slightly modified). Used hickory and smoked them at 275 degrees F for about an hour and a half, turning them once at an hour. They plumped up nice and juicy. The skin took just enough smoke to make them have that great smoked flavor. Here is a pic just before we got in to them.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

d2f3b019_vbattach14181.jpg

A few weeks ago I made some smoked hot dogs. I had just finished some ABT's and was throwing some burgers and dogs on the grill so we decided to throw some dogs in the smoker. They were the best dogs I have ever had and everyone loved them.

I have smoked burgers every friday (tomorrow is friday WOOHOO) but I have never had a smoked hot dog. Neat idea! I am going to have to try that some day soon!

Try Italian sausage links...take them out of the casing.... smoke em for a couple of hours..do check for an internal of 165*...fry up some onions and peppers...a little of your favorite pasta sauce..all on a hot dog roll...thats some good chit...

I hate to admit it ... but hotdogs was one of my first attempts.
Had the smoker steady at about 225º for about an hour, nothing added and yes ... they were the best dogs I ever had!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky