Smoked Honey-Teriyaki Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
Ok, so here's some smoked Honey Teriyaki wings I did in the Camp Chef Smokepro DLX for Father's Day. I've been thinking about doing them again and because they came out so good I thought I'd share how I did it. All store-bought ingredients because I kinda "winged it" (sorry couldn't resist 1f606.png ).
Defrosted 5lbs of frozen wings, the drained them in a colander and patted them dry and dumped them in a jumbo sized ziplok bag.
Added 3 pouches of McCormick's Teriyaki marinade and thoroughly coated the wings in the bag. Added about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of McCormick's Sweet and Smoky rub and again mixed it in really good with the wings and marinade.
Set the DLX to 275, smoke level 8. I like to go kinda hot on wings and I usually shoot for 175 finish temp to really get them tender and help tighten the skin a little. Lay the wings out on the grates, I used some silicone mesh Q-mats to help make the clean up a little easier. Gave them another good dusting with the Sweet and Smoky rub.
At 1 hour I start checking the meatiest ones with my Thermapen and flip them over. Usually by 90 minutes they are in the 160's and getting close to ready. At this point I then brushed the all really good with Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade. This stuff is much saltier than the McCormick. I let that set for 5-10 minutes and then brushed each wing with a nice light, but not too light coat of honey. Gave that about 10 minutes to set and by that time even the biggest ones were at 175 or a little higher. Pulled them off and just because I was feeling a little "Cheffy" and had some green onions around I garnished and served. I was lucky to get maybe 3 of them for myself.

104645794_10214740596583268_1283704701439618260_n.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky