SMOKED GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Nothing fancy here but sometimes grilled cheese and tomato soup really hits the spot. I was going to be getting home late and the wife said she and the kids were having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner and she would save back some soup for me and I could make my sandwich fresh when I got home. Now dont get me wrong ...white bread and american cheese slices are the classic grilled cheese i grew up on but I wanted to do something else. So a block of my smoked cheese came out of the fridge and shredded. I wanted to share how I did mine. It was really tasty.

First thing is to make the cheese filling. Pretty simple. 8oz block of smoked cheese shredded and 1/4 cup Dukes mayo. You can use whatever cheese you like. I used Colby jack this time. I like to use sharp cheader and add a small jar of pimento sometimes too. Into the stand mixer with the paddle and give it a whirl. My wifes stand mixer is another "pretty" piece of kitchen equipment that makes me feel manly when using it lol!
0113201951.jpg
0113201951_HDR.jpg
0113201957.jpg

Then an Italian loaf sliced for the bread
0113202014c.jpg
0113202017a.jpg

Then slather a decent amount if the cheese mixture into one half and top them off with the other
0113202032.jpg
0113202033b.jpg

Then into the cast iron with some butter
0113202034.jpg

Nicely browned and crusty
0113202047.jpg
0113202051.jpg

Then cut in half and seved with the tomato soup.
0113202109b.jpg

It was really tasty and Smokey. Nice warm comforting meal to finish out my day.
Thanks for taking a look!

I did like my grilled cheese and tomato soup. That looks great! The smoked cheese really set them off. I like doing that as well.

That looks great. For some reason, in the 60+ years I've been around I never thought to make grilled cheese from shredded cheese. Thanks for sharing. You learn something new everyday.

I did like my grilled cheese and tomato soup. That looks great! The smoked cheese really set them off. I like doing that as well.
Thanks! The smoky flavor deffinatly adds to it.

That looks great. For some reason, in the 60+ years I've been around I never thought to make grilled cheese from shredded cheese. Thanks for sharing. You learn something new everyday.
Thanks! It works real good. Especially when you mix the mayo into it. Makes it nice and creamy

Looks great! That’s a common meal for us when we don’t know what to make for dinner or don't want to put much effort in.

I hoard my smoked Cooper sharp for this particular reason!

Yum!

Looks great! That’s a common meal for us when we don’t know what to make for dinner or don't want to put much effort in.

I hoard my smoked Cooper sharp for this particular reason!

Yum!
Thanks! Yep it's one of our go to meals for busy nights.
Looks great Travis I like the mayo addition! Nice blender btw...I thought I had it bad using my wife's red one lol
Lol. Yea. My wife actually baught this one with a bunch of attachments for $35. It was that old cream color. I took it to the shop cleaned it up and painted it. Friend of mine did the artwork before I clear coated it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky