Smoked corned beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

maineman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
I’m wrapping up some homemade corned beef from a good size brisket I had. I’d like to smoke one of the chunks this weekend. I have a MES smoker with an external smoke generator connected with a dryer vent.
I’m hoping someone can give me advice on how to get good bark with my set up. I can cook and smoke the stuff great but can never get a good bark on things. Any ideas? Thanks much!

i can't be much help with the bark but if it taste good i wouldn't worry to much about it, maybe has something to do with electric smoker, to much moisture in the mes. just guessing.

F3eiIU2.jpg
This is how all my pastrami looks, I use a pressure finish. And here is my rub recipe.

~thiredye's~ Pastrami Rub (enough for 3 or 4 brisket flats)
4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper (more if you like it peppery)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons Canadian/Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon paprika
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky