Smoked Chicken Chimichurri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cid79

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Michigan
First made the chimichurri sauce.

Second marinaded the chicken in it for a bit, got smoker up to temp added chicken.

Pulled chicken when done.

Tried shredding it up with a fork, didn't work so well, will be investing in meat rakes.

Last grill my ciabatta bun with garlic butter that I made, melted some baby swiss cheese on the top bun, piled on the smoke chicken, and added more of the chimichurri. It was very delicious, I think I am going to use this sandwich in a BBQ sandwich cook off on July 4th.

I might, but after July 4th after the BBQ sandwich cook off. But thanks for the positive response.

2thumbs.gif
 Looks awesome! 

Looks really good!

IMHO thighs are the easiest part of the chicken to "pull" I like smoke them, skin on, do not scrape the fat. I take them up to an IT of 180*-190*. Then foil and rest for an hour before pulling.

Good luck with your competition. Let us know how it goes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky