Smoked Chicken Breast Rotini with a Mushroom Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow fowl! That chicken looks great, nice grill marks too!!

But besides it being pretty, I'm sure it ate pretty good. Congrats on the carousel ride.

Like!

Reactions: fowldarr
Thanks, it was really good. Next time, I would make more sauce...

Definitely, I always go overboard when making a sauce. If there's more left after drenching my dinner, you have a quick and easy pasta dish the next day for lunch or dinner.

fowldarr fowldarr - Thanks for this thread! I am really interested in smoking some chicken breasts. Are you willing to share your exact brine recipe (measurements, etc), and what type of wood you used (or did I miss that above)? This looks fantastic!

Nice Yard Bird, Looks Fantastic I would eat that in a heart beat

Great Job

Gary

Did you have any luck finding that chicken brine recipe, fowldarr fowldarr ? I'd love to smoke some boneless chicken parts this week. Thanks, again, for posting this thread!

- Katie

Did you have any luck finding that chicken brine recipe, fowldarr fowldarr ? I'd love to smoke some boneless chicken parts this week. Thanks, again, for posting this thread!

- Katie

I totally forgot that I promised to get back to you.

3cups apple juice
2 cups water
2/3 cup kosher salt
rosemary sprigs (because I have it growing out my ears)
1/4 brown sugar
4 garlic cloves minced
1 bay leaf
1tsp of whole pepper corns

That's my basic recipe. I think in this case I went light on the garlic, left out the bay leaf and just used coarse black pepper.

Bring all of that to a boil, cook and stir to dissolve the salt and sugar, pull it off the heat add 4 cups of ice and bring it down to room temp before putting your chicken in for a bath. Let it brine for at least two hours or more.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: katemail13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky