smoked chick`n leg quarter`s~please help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat~smoker in n.j.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
south river,
Hi everyone,
I picked up a package ok chicken leg quarter`s on sale today, gonna smoke them with a couple of small bonless pork loins and a cpl of fatty`s !!
I know i gotta brine them over nite wich i will do when i get home from work tomorrow, my question is what rub should i use & how long should i let them stay in for ?? I looking to keep temp`s around 220* also how long will it take for the fatty`s ??? i`m gonna use my digital thermoter for the pork loin !!
ALL ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRICATED !!!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Charlie -

If your gonna cook the fatties later for breakfast you could go a bit lower so they don't dry out.

Carl -

You've changed your avatar I almost didn't recognize you!

figure 3 hours for the fattie at that temp, I usually do mine at 225 and it takes 3 hours.....remember flip after 1 1/2 hours........should go to 170

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky