Smoked Cheesy Hashbrowns with Crawfish and Andouille Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Smoked Cheesy Hashbrowns with Crawfish and Andouille Sausage

7 oz Andouille sliced then quartered

16 oz frozen crawfish tails - Thawed

16 oz sour cream

2 cups shredded cheese

30 oz bag of Oreida Hashbrowns Thawed

1 Teaspoon Smoked Kosher Salt

1 Teaspoon Black Pepper

1 packet of Ranch Dip mix

1 10.5 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup

1/4 to 1/2 cup crushed Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Chips

Using a LARGE bowl dump in sour cream and whisk in Ranch Dip mix then add Salt, Pepper, Soup and whisk together.
Add in hashbrowns, cheese and Andouille Sausage and whisk together. Add the crawfish tails last and don't over mix to keep them from breaking up.

Pour mixture in a disposable foil pan and smooth it out.Top with crushed jalapeño chips.

Put in smoker at 350F for 60 minutes or until the center is 160F IT.

I had pondered adding some Cajun seasoning but the crawfish had plenty on them and the Ranch Dip mix was a perfect balance to that.

Definitely not Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan quality photos....

HBCA1.jpg

HBCA2.jpg

Big YUM on that one . Son makes the " cheesy taters " gonna have to show him this . Love the added sausage in there . Thanks for the post and the ideas .

Reactions: kilo charlie
Big YUM on that one . Son makes the " cheesy taters " gonna have to show him this . Love the added sausage in there . Thanks for the post and the ideas .
Both the sausage and the crawfish make this dish out of the park! It's more of a meal.. but I couldn't find the right category to put it in LOL

Reactions: chopsaw
What else you need ? I really like this one .
Also the bottom of the bag chip section of the pantry works great for things like this .

And that's exactly what happened LOL

Yeehaaa!!!!
Now there's some Reneck Vittles I'd be willing to fight Jethro for.
Well, Elly May anyway!

Bear
Heck I'd wrestle with Elly May for far less!!

Definitely worth adding to your to do list tho!

This looks awesome! We love the cheesy tater casserole so I'm sure we would tear this up! May have to guve it a try soon!

Reactions: kilo charlie
Oh Hell Yeah!
That sounds like an incredible Coonass Casserole fo'sho!
Every ingredient in there is top shelf

Ya ever notice that the word incredible consists mostly of the word edible! Coincidence?

I've learned something new today... Thank you!

This looks awesome! We love the cheesy tater casserole so I'm sure we would tear this up! May have to guve it a try soon!

Thank you and go for it!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky