Smoked Butter - WOW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello.

Just like to add that I find butter doesn't need more than about 2 hours in the cold smoker.

Yes, it's pretty nasty on toast or in a sandwich, but is is totally awesome when coating baby new potatoes, smeared onto corn on the cob, or mixed with garlic and herb and used on top of a steak.

I mean REALLY amazing!
Did you let the butter mellow out before trying on toast or tried it on the same day you smoked it?

Melting the butter and then letting it reharden would definitely change the texture. But, it would still be great for cooking and frying.
Try bringing the butter to room temp and then blend it with an electric mixer. Spread the butter out on trays. Put it in the cold smoker and surround it with frozen water in plastic bottles to keep the temp down. Then just package the butter (I use plastic wrap and twirl it into logs). Then keep one out for immediate use and freeze the remaining logs.
Gary

Last edited:
I think as long as you don’t break the butter (temp too high to where it separates) you’d be ok.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky