Smoked Brie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lonzinomaker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 8, 2018
I had the urge to try and smoke some brie last week . Went to Costco and got 7 rounds of Kirkland French Brie. I did a trial of a single brie last week and all my taste testers really loved it.
Put them in my Big Chief smoker with mailbox mod, put in 3/4 apple and 1/4 cherry pellets in the tray.
And then smoked them for 2 hours, let them sit on counter and come to room temp for 2 hours before vacuum sealing them.
The picture doesn't do the color justice, they are a nice light tan color. Going to make family and friends happy at Christmas.

Attachments

• Brie1.jpg
    Brie1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Brie3.jpg
    Brie3.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Big Chief Mailbox2.jpg
    Big Chief Mailbox2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 28
It was 50 deg outside and with the mailbox, the smoker only got up to 52 deg.

Reactions: indaswamp
It was 50 deg outside and with the mailbox, the smoker only got up to 52 deg.
Thanks. Knew it was low, wasn't sure how low. I'm hard pressed to keep the WSM below 80F on a cold day, and that's using a ring cut from a 1 lb coffee can to contain just 3 or 4 briquettes and a small chunk of smoke wood.

Great idea!
We love Brie, but I have never thought of smoking it!
I guess because we eat it as soon as we get it home.
Gonna give it a try!
Al

Thanks. Knew it was low, wasn't sure how low. I'm hard pressed to keep the WSM below 80F on a cold day, and that's using a ring cut from a 1 lb coffee can to contain just 3 or 4 briquettes and a small chunk of smoke wood.

Try an a-maz-n tray or pellet tube. Will turn your WSM into a cold smoker. I use mine in Weber gasser or kettle. Will work in anything.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky