Smoked Bone in Butt, porks spare's and some homemade BBQ beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kansascitybbq

Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
San Diego, California
Have a 20 person catering gig tomorrow and doing some pre-cooking.  This group likes their pork! THey want Pulled Pork, Pork spare ribs and smoked BBQ beans with chopped rib tips...  Q-view in the first few hours...

4f5f95c7_IMG_0389.jpg

2cb2fa97_IMG_0390.jpg

c0d9df86_IMG_0392.jpg

f19b9f24_IMG_0397.jpg

The first 2 pictures are when I JUST put them in - lifting the barrel for the first time.  I usually keep the chimney 1/2 open because of all the other air leaks from having an older smoker...

Sorry for the delayed post - By far the best ribs and pulled pork I have ever made! Was able to get the ribs a 5 hour smoking! The first couple of hours I like to cold smoke, heavy on the smoke since I was using Apple wood, graduate up the temp and steady the smoke.  12 hours on the Butts. Wrapped in aluminum pans and made them sweat at 260 degrees until they both hit 200 degrees internal.  Let them rest for 2 hours wrapped in the cooler and man o man...  Pulled them suckers into another tray adding back some of the rendered fat, apple juice and a spinkle of my 8 spice rub (on the spicy side) as well as some brown sugar on top.  Big hit! I got 3 more catering orders from it....  He are some pics before they were wrapped

62d91bf7_IMG_0398.jpg

d115ddde_IMG_0399.jpg

RIB meat just starting to pull from the bone

e6022e26_IMG_0400.jpg

I trimmed the train off the ribs, that is what you see by the butts.  I had them laid out when they were smoking but stacked them by the butt for the photo.  The beans turned out excellent! A good amount of fat rendering in them, and a good mixture of sweet/heat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky