Smoked Beer Can Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emuleman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
southern California
I have a very easy recipe to smoke a chicken while resting on a beer can, or can of fruit juice, etc.  It allows the bird to remain juicy and delicious. 

Rinse Chicken in cold water. Remove any giblets or other things from cavity. Pat Dry with a paper towel.

Apply olive oil over chicken. Shake rub of your choice over chicken. Place chicken over beer can that has had 1/3 of beer removed. Add some rub and a few garlic cloves to can before placing chicken on it.

Smoke for around 3-4 hours, or until internal temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees.

Remove from smoker. Remove chicken from beer can, being careful on the hot liquid that might be present. Cover chicken with foil for 15-20 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!

Reactions: mdboatbum and disco
The beverage will quite possibly never get hot enough to boil, so no steam. Look at the poultry sub-section and read about spatchcocked chicken. Probably 90% of folks do chicken that way now. The bird gets done quicker and more evenly.

Give it a try, I think you will like it. Joe

I second the spatchcocked bird.

Started doing them that way several years ago & never went back.

I used to do the beer can chicken too, but spatchcocking is the way to go.

Give it a try!

Al

Looks good!! The video is very informative and well done. I also checked out a couple of your other ones. The bacon one was awesome!! Thanks for taking the time and putting in the considerable effort to share your cooks in such a fun way!

Reactions: emuleman
I still do beer can for fun although I spatchcock most birds. Do what makes you feel good. Points for the video!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky