Smoked Beef Short Ribs

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokinvegasbaby, May 20, 2015.

1. Hey from Josie aka SVB!  I know it's been awhile.  Been busy cooking, smoking, catering and basically working my butt off.  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by my butcher shop.  He had Beef Short Ribs on sale and you know I had to buy some.  So I fired up my smoker and smoked the best Beef Short Ribs ever.  They were so tender and tasty!

Everyone have a great Memorial Day.  I'm heading down to San Diego on Friday.  Catering my brother-in-laws retirement party.

Here's my Q-views....................Josie

2. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

Those look delicious!!!

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Smokin Good smoke Josie! Glad to see you here again!

4. why thank you sir :eek:)  they were delish!

5. thanks DS - glad to be back on here again - missed you boys!

6. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You're still one of the best smokers around, Josie!

[​IMG]

Disco

7. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They look great as usual.... glad to see you back.....

Dave

8. thanks Dave - glad to be back on also.  working really gets in the way of playtime lol.  Hope all is well with you.  Be Blessed,

Josie

9. awwww thanks for nice compliment my foodie friend. smoked up a bunch of goodies yesterday with my granddaughter -  posting pics right now in "pork"

10. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Josie, Those really do look good. Sauce and finish look great. Are they like they came off the smoker or did you braise them for a while? Joe

11. Thanks Joe Black.  Yes those are right off the smoker.....no braising for this girl ;o))

12. oops!  I posted my comment to you in the wrong place.  Yes those are right off the smoker.  didn't braise these beauties....just smoked low and sloooooow!

13. r23bbq

r23bbq Newbie

Hey smokingvegas,

Those look amazing by the way! Did you foil those? If so, for how long? Definately want to smoking those short ribs. I have smoked them once but did not foil them, I was not satisfied by the end result. Maybe I should have foiled them for more tenderness?

14. Hey thanks R23BBQ!  Yes I did foil my short ribs.  I smoked them for a couple of hours then I wrapped them in foil for the last hour or so. They were really tender. 

Be blessed,

Josie aka SmokingVegasBaby!