smoke stack ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shorty6 9

Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Milledgeville,GA
So I have gandered at the calculators, I'm going with a little longer of a stack than the calculator calls... but my question is this... how far into the tank do you mount the stack, or do you mount it flush?

My personal opinion is that it depends on the smoker. For example, my reverse flow the exhaust is flush with the top of the tank. On my offset it is sunk down to the lower grate level to keep the temps closer to even from end to end.

I took mine on my reverse flow down to the level of my main cook grate and it works vary well. My thought was that if I found I needed to modify it after the fact that I could raise it easier than extend it lower. I'm very happey with it so far.
b51c654f_019.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky