Smoke something and prepare Q-view for the new forum on the 24th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm just bumping this thread so everyone has a chance to see it. Things get buried fast around here!
smile.gif

That's kind of disgusting.

It's kind of like when I keep my cell phone in my front pocket, and whenever it rings and I'm standing on the bus, I look over to a girl sitting nearby and say "get that for me, would you?"

So I went to Wally world yesterday to get some hamburger and water and thought I'd pick up something to smoke on Saturday.

I had 2 packs of bacon 2 packs of wingettes and a boneless pork roast in the cart but by the time I got up to checkout I was so disappointed in the quality of the stuff that I just handed it to the cashier...off to Meijer tonight for real meat...

Yeah, I don't buy meat from Wally World except as a last resort. I think that the only thing decent I got from there was a 10# butt. It had only been shot up with an 8% solution which is pretty low by their standards. Most things are 12-15%.

The only other grocery store in town isn't much better, but I can at least get some minimally processed chicken from there.

Whenever I want some *real* meat, I'll order it from a local Angus / hog rancher. That takes a few days, but it's worth it.

I don't have time to order anything for this weekend/Monday so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky