• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SMOKE HOUSE

sfoster24

Joined Feb 5, 2014
I have a question that I would like some of u to comment on. I built a smoke house. It is made out of wood with a smoke box at the bottom. I built it to cold smoke but I would also like to heat smoke at times. What temp can I get to without burning down my house?

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Could you post a pic of it. Or what size is it? What are you going to use for heat?

Happy smoken.

David

aaronk

Joined Feb 27, 2014
I have seen a lot of wood smokers lined with metal sheets to allow for any kind of smoking. I saw one that had a grill right above the heat for straight grilling. With those temps holding okay, I would say that is a great way to make your house fire resistant at least.

On another note, I am looking to build a small cold smoker. What was your cost, materials, layout, etc.? Not to be too nosey, but any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

AaronK 

pit of despair

Meat Mopper
Joined May 18, 2011
sfoster24,

I have a 6' tall plywood smokehouse without any protective material on the floor and I run 225* -250* from a propane turkey fryer with no problems...it got away from me once and went to 300* without damage but that was only for a short time.

Teddy

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.