1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoke Hollow Gas smoker modifications GS 38202

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by davidinkansas, Jun 7, 2018.

1. davidinkansas

davidinkansas Newbie

I bought this smoker last year and in general am pretty happy with it. However, I live in Kansas and soon discovered that the varying wind ( especially in the cooler months) created unstable flame conditions. I decided to address the wind issue directly.. I added 4 skirts..16 gauge galvanized sheet metal....cut at my local furnace shop for $50. I located them with small c clamps and drilled pilot holes for self tapping sheet metal screw. I also painted with high temp paint to match the smoker. I set the whole thing up on a 4 x 4 base on top of 4 concrete blocks so there is plenty of air draw from underneath. I am smoking today with a pretty stiff wind on and off. The temperature is absolutely stable...I am able to adjust with 5 degree increments very easily. Very pleased so far.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Do you have any pictures of the mods that you could post?

3. davidinkansas

davidinkansas Newbie

yes

Attached Files:

4. davidinkansas

davidinkansas Newbie

Here are some pics..not the thermo stayed on a constant 215 with no adjustment