Smoke Daddy Heavy D diffuser results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tinydawg50

Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
So I purchased a heavy d diffuser for my recteq 590, and I’m not getting advertised results. I was told to start the grill at 270° until smoke starts pouring out, then go down to like 200°. I’ve done this for my ribs and after going down to temp, the smoke stops , as if the logs in the diffuser have stopped burning. Anyone have any suggestions. I’ve purchased 3 different items from smoke daddy and none have given me the smoke flavor I’m looking for.

Not smoke daddy related but Recteq related. We were buying lumberjack competition blend and weren’t happy with smokiness. Switched to cabelas brand hickory 100% pellets and still weren’t satisfied with smoke levels. I switched to cabelas 100% mesquite and several cooks in I can tell a big difference. Still not stick burner level and maybe not even kamado Joe smoky but better. We’ll run it on low for a couple hours and then ramp up the temp. Smoked some meatballs Saturday that were really good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky