Small Tuna Experiment on MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerc

Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
So the smoker addiction is running wild. I decided to try some fish so I bought some tuna and salmon, (salmon with be up later). I dug all through here and there was tons of info as I expected.

After rinsing off the fish and dried it with papertowels and hit with some rub.

I used a fish rub I got for xmas that I could smell through the package. Tossed it in on one rack with a mix of mesquite chips first hour then apple wood for the last 2.

I mixed the rub with some soy sauce, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice and let it sit in the fridge while the tuna smoked.

Got it to internal of 140 and pulled it off.

I pulled my mixture out of the fridge and brought it to a boil and then cool to thicken a little. Drizzled it over the tuna and some greens and had a fantastic dinner.

Looks and sound delicious, nice work!
Thanks! I had never even smoked any fish aside from over a fire while fishing lol. Even got the wife hooked on it.

Wow, it sounds like you're having some very great and delicious fun!!!!

So nice!!!!

Happy New Year to you and to the tasty tuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!! - Leah
Thank you very much! You too

Hey JerC, I always thought about smoking tuna. What temperature did you smoke at for those 3 hours? Did you use charcoal with the wood or just use wood?

Hi all!

Oddly, I JUST today smoked some ahi tuna actually, although I like mine raw in the middle and just seared on the edges, and so I did high heat, hickory chips (on my little gas smoker) and for just five minutes - I posted a thread if that helps at all - but here's to doing tuna however you like it, and to one happy "Tuna Tuesday" for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

Hi all!

Oddly, I JUST today smoked some ahi tuna actually, although I like mine raw in the middle and just seared on the edges, and so I did high heat, hickory chips (on my little gas smoker) and for just five minutes - I posted a thread if that helps at all - but here's to doing tuna however you like it, and to one happy "Tuna Tuesday" for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

Leah search for my throw down entry from last Feb. I cold smoked ahi and then seared it and made lettuce rolls!

So the smoker addiction is running wild. I decided to try some fish so I bought some tuna and salmon, (salmon with be up later). I dug all through here and there was tons of info as I expected.

After rinsing off the fish and dried it with papertowels and hit with some rub.

I used a fish rub I got for xmas that I could smell through the package. Tossed it in on one rack with a mix of mesquite chips first hour then apple wood for the last 2.

I mixed the rub with some soy sauce, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice and let it sit in the fridge while the tuna smoked.

Got it to internal of 140 and pulled it off.

I pulled my mixture out of the fridge and brought it to a boil and then cool to thicken a little. Drizzled it over the tuna and some greens and had a fantastic dinner.

Nice looking meal! Ahi is great smoked!

Hey that's great JerC!!! Ahi is such very wonderful food!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!

And Dirt; I hunted down your February rolls and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! A fine job indeed! Terrific stuff!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!! Love it!

Happy OUTSTANDING AND EXCEPTIONAL Wednesday to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky