Small Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I used half a butt to make breakfast sausage and smoked the other half. This little dude took about as long as a whole one. Injected it with Cajun butter. After defat the juice not much left but put it back into the meat. Pickled some cucumber and onions. That was some of the best coleslaw I made. Need to try remember what I did. I really liked that sauce.

20210814_151048.jpg 20210814_172853.jpg 20210814_173315.jpg 20210814_173840.jpg 20210814_173855.jpg

Last edited:
Nice all the way around. Is that this years corn? We have an annual group buy on sweet corn and the pickup date is next weekend.... I can't wait.

BTW, which end of the butt did you cook, the blade bone end or the other end?

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Nice all the way around. Is that this years corn? We have an annual group buy on sweet corn and the pickup date is next weekend.... I can't wait.

BTW, which end of the butt did you cook, the blade bone end or the other end?
This years corn. We have had corn for months. Not sure where it comes from. I used the end without a bone to smoke.

Reactions: thirdeye
Best I can recall this is how made coleslaw. That lemon rind is what sent it over the top I think. I like Miracle Whip for this.

1 bag coleslaw mix
1/2 cup miracle whip
1 TBS Pyure sugar
rind of lemon grated
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
½ tsp celery seed
¼ tsp cayenne

Just finished up this pork. I never had one stay this tender when reheating. Almost most melt in your mouth and so good. I chalking it up to that Cajun Butter. Thanks TNJAKE TNJAKE for turning me on to this stuff. Was the one you did turkey with. Pull pork will be back on the menu again though a ham will be next. Albertson has them for .97 cents but I still have 1 and a half in freezer. I slowly learning not to keep buying when on sale. I have a long way to go to use up freezer.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Just finished up this pork. I never had one stay this tender when reheating. Almost most melt in your mouth and so good. I chalking it up to that Cajun Butter. Thanks TNJAKE TNJAKE for turning me on to this stuff. Was the one you did turkey with. Pull pork will be back on the menu again though a ham will be next. Albertson has them for .97 cents but I still have 1 and a half in freezer. I slowly learning not to keep buying when on sale. I have a long way to go to use up freezer.
Glad it's working out for you. I almost only use it for poultry but have done a couple of butts with it with great results. It's also good to baste seafood with

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky