SMALL BRISKET FLAT - WEBER KETTLE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Hello boys and girls. I picked up a small brisket flat from my local grocery store. Decided to smoke it SmokinAl SmokinAl style. Pretty simple recipe. Let the pictures do the talking:
4997FDA5-89B5-401B-9AC9-3390E38BBD98.jpeg
5E070C46-7FAD-444A-BCBC-6DA1A13500E8.jpeg
CF426309-AC2D-48FE-AE5C-BD7FEBE6EC0A.jpeg
F103973B-3A25-4C69-BE6E-983DDCD4EECE.jpeg
7526F95F-A064-4787-BC16-48284897768E.jpeg
0AD7F59C-502E-489D-95A7-F0A5BED7E7BC.jpeg
992BA853-6EB2-4C03-A19F-1D16E8A378F7.jpeg
6F65873A-1337-42BB-BB50-46A8EF64259A.jpeg
C11582C2-B7FE-4CC3-8038-54DB667020A9.jpeg

Yes sir the flat looks great and so does the plate ! And just in time for breakfast!
How'd you like the flavor ? I've done one with SmokinAl SmokinAl recipe and it was great !

Keith

It looks awesome only one problem and that's that I wasn't there for breakfast :emoji_laughing:

Looks great and a mini beer pole to boot. What temp where you running? I see the top vent barely open, how about the bottom?

That's a beautiful chunk of meat, very nicely cooked, and a great looking breakfast. Only problem is that you're about 4 eggs short of filling the nest...or should I say my tummy :emoji_laughing: Nice job Justin!!

Robert

Well now, Justin, you nailed that. I recently used SmokinAl SmokinAl 's method, too, and it works great. But did you get permission from Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 to imitate his beer pole? Not sure about patent or copyright infringement...🤣

Reactions: gmc2003
Not sure about patent or copyright infringement...🤣
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. There might be a lawsuit forthcoming. Justin needs to come up with another name for his in a big hurry before Chris lowers the boom. Let's do a poll in the forum and get some ideas for the name of the "post he puts his beer on". What say y'all?

Robert

looks delicious!!
Thank you!
Yes sir the flat looks great and so does the plate ! And just in time for breakfast!
How'd you like the flavor ? I've done one with SmokinAl SmokinAl recipe and it was great !

Keith
Thanks, and the flavor was great!
mighty fine looking flat. Loving the brekky plate!
Jim
Thank you
It looks awesome only one problem and that's that I wasn't there for breakfast :emoji_laughing:
Thanks!
Looks great and a mini beer pole to boot. What temp where you running? I see the top vent barely open, how about the bottom?
Thanks! And my desired pit temp was 225. I was basting every 1.5. So my temp got up a few times, so i had my top and bottom vent barely opened. Once my temp got back down I opened the top vent fully.
I'd hit that.
Nice!
Thanks, and thats what she said.
Awesome looking brisket!
And I’d be all over that breakfast!
Al
Thank you Al for posting your recipe!
That's a beautiful chunk of meat, very nicely cooked, and a great looking breakfast. Only problem is that you're about 4 eggs short of filling the nest...or should I say my tummy :emoji_laughing: Nice job Justin!!

Robert
Thanks Robert!
Great job on that flat. Looks really tender.
Gary
Thanks, and it was tender as all get out.
Well now, Justin, you nailed that. I recently used SmokinAl SmokinAl 's method, too, and it works great. But did you get permission from Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 to imitate his beer pole? Not sure about patent or copyright infringement...🤣
Thanks! And lets not mention this to Chris.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. There might be a lawsuit forthcoming. Justin needs to come up with another name for his in a big hurry before Chris lowers the boom. Let's do a poll in the forum and get some ideas for the name of the "post he puts his beer on". What say y'all?

Robert
Thats not a “beer pole” its my floss/hillbilly margarita holder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky