Sliced Lox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Just smoked 4 of these tail pieces this morning. Froze 3 of them unsliced, but this 4th one is going into my belly after I finish cutting it up.

daresehy.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

No bagels? Fresh homemade bagels? You can eat Lox with out a bagel? You California folks..... always living right on the edge. You should have saved that for the Halloween Cook off..... That is one beautiful plate.

You're not taking those other three on a 3 hours boat ride are ya? Ginger or Mary Ann?

Really nice looking.

Last edited:
No bagels? Fresh homemade bagels? You can eat Lox with out a bagel? You California folks..... always living right on the edge. You should have saved that for the Halloween Cook off..... That is one beautiful plate.

You're not taking those other three on a 3 hours boat ride are ya? Ginger or Mary Ann?

Really nice looking.

Here ya go!

ehezusyj.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Leah & Aklee,

The process I use take 24-27 hours.  The following numbers can vary depending on how thick the pieces are.

8 hours dry brining

8 hours wet brining

Rinse and refresh for 20-30 minutes

Dry in fridge for 5 hours

Room dry under a fan for 3 hours

Cold smoke for 3 hours.

Craig

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky